The pull of the Great Outdoors brings people to visit and eventually settle in Highlands Ranch, a master-planned community located in Douglas County. Spanning 22,000 acres, this area is rife with nature parks and the accompanying outdoor recreation activities that make it a one-of-a-kind place to call home.
Among the many suburbs of Denver, Highlands Ranch is probably the most strategically located. It’s around 15 miles south of Denver via N. Broadway and around 30 minutes of travel via car. But even without a car, you can easily take the bus or the tram and get to Downtown Denver in no time at all. This is among the reasons why many of those employed or studying in the state capital choose to call Highlands Ranch home.
Upscale real estate
If you’re on the hunt for luxury homes or you have plans to upsize from your starter home, you’ll be spoilt for choice in Highlands Ranch. Most properties out in the market here are lovely single-family homes on sprawling lots. The mostly-upscale estates come with an average of 5 bedrooms and 4 baths, as well as special amenities like a two- to three-car garage, a huge front yard, walk-in pantries, and spa-type bathrooms. Architectural styles vary from Georgian to modern or custom. The biggest draw here is the spectacular mountain vistas that you can wake up to every single day.
For those with an adventurous streak, here are several ideas on what to do in and around Highlands Ranch:
- Tee off at The Links Golf Course.
- Soar above miles of gorgeous terrain via the Castle Rock Adventure Park’s and Denver Adventure’s zip line tours.
- Denver Adventures and Geo Tours also offer the wildest boat rides with whitewater rafting trips along Clear Creek, the Colorado River, and Arkansas River.
- Visit the Backcountry Wilderness Area and all its wonderful trails via horseback.
Highlands Ranch is also known as an area outside Denver where you can find remarkable dining options:
- For healthy eating and pita bread made from scratch, check out Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh.
- Get your all-American food fix at Lodo’s Bar and Grill. It serves great food by day and provides the hippest entertainment and drinks on this side of Colorado by night.
- Check out the open-flame cooking done before your very eyes at Fujiyama Sushi & Hibachi.
- Find molto delizioso Italian treats at Olive Garden Italian Kitchen.
Highlands Ranch isn’t just for the adventurous at heart. You will be surprised to know of several attractions that will make your stay/visit in this Denver suburb memorable:
- This beautiful community is home to two of the finest breweries in Colorado – Grist Brewing Company and 3 Freaks Brewery.
- Take a trip back in time when you visit the Highland Ranch Mansion, a historical estate that served as home to families who established the area and made it what it is now.
At 1,804 miles above sea level, you’ll never find a place quite like Highlands Ranch where you wake up every day to the crisp smell of mountain air. Let me help you find your dream home here. Call me, Anne Dresser Kocur, at 303.229.6464 or click here to send me a message.