Spring is one of the best times of the year to experience and explore Denver. From the months of March to May, you’ll find perfect weather and a plethora of outdoor activities in the Mile High City.
Take advantage of the beautiful spring season with these top things to do:
- Visit the Denver Botanic Gardens
One of the top botanic gardens in the US boasts of a wide collection of diverse plants from all over the world. Drop by to see everything from a tropical collection to plants that thrive in the Rocky Mountain and Great Plains regions, and from cacti and succulents to aquatic plant species.
- Attend an event or festival
Several fun and exciting festivals take place in Denver this spring. The best ones are:
- Mile High Beer Festival – With more than 30 Colorado breweries and over 70 different variations of craft beer, the Mile High Beer Festival is one of the most highly anticipated events for beer lovers in and around Denver.
- Denver March Powwow – Now on its 45th year, this unique event showcases Native American culture through song, dance, crafts, contests, merchandise, demos, traditional skills, and more!
- Cinco de Mayo Festival – Held at the Civic Center Park, the Cinco de Mayo Festival is one of Colorado’s largest events. With three stages of live entertainment, delicious food, and overflowing drinks, this one-of-a-kind cultural event should not be missed.
- Denver Arts Festival – For the past 21 years, the Denver Arts Festival has been showcasing and celebrating Colorado’s best artists. A wide variety of artworks are featured in this outdoor festival, including sculptures, woodwork, glasswork, and photographs.
- Go on a picnic
Enjoy the lovely spring season with a picnic at the park. Denver’s City Park, in particular, is a 330-acre regional park with plenty of green spaces. The park offers two picnic sites: one near the Thatcher Fountain Meadow and the other near the wooden castle playground.
Aside from the picnic areas, City Park also has several playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts, and soccer fields. It is also home to the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
- Watch a concert at the Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
Famous for being “the only naturally occurring, acoustically perfect amphitheatre in the world,” Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre is legendary for its concerts. From classic rock to jazz, hip hop to folk, Red Rocks serves up every genre of music. Aside from concerts, the Red Rocks Parks and Amphitheatre also offers challenging hiking, biking, and running trails.
- Go to a museum
Denver has some of the best museums in the state of Colorado. They include the Denver Art Museum, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, and the Children’s Museum of Denver. The Denver Art Museum, in particular, offers themed exhibits, extensive collections, and intriguing artwork.
If you’re thinking of relocating to Denver, CO, get in touch with me, Anne Dresser Kocur, at (303) 229-6464. You may also send your inquiries to adresser(at)livsir(dotted)com.